She was just 15 and in love, and in a romantic interlude with her beau in early March, she stole what would be her last kiss. While a coroner said it was a lack of oxygen to her brain, it was initially believed that a peanut butter and jelly sandwich lingering on the pallet of her boyfriend was the culprit, for Christina Desforges, of Saguenay, Quebec, Canada, who was, incidentally, allergic to peanuts, and died in a Quebec hospital several days later.
Subscribe to the Wiley Food Science, Quality & Safety eNewsletter!
Get the latest food industry news delivered directly to your inbox. Sign up is free and easy!