Barcelona Nut Company, Baltimore, Md., is recalling 239 cases of roasted and salted in-shell pistachios, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
The roasted and salted in-shell pistachios were distributed in Washington D.C., Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New York, California, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Georgia through retail stores and direct delivery. The pistachios are Barcelona Nut Company brand, packaged in Red White and Blue window plastic film, and come in sizes:
- 2.75 oz., UPC 030239130001 with expiration date 9/18/2019
- 2.25 oz., UPC 030239149034 with expiration date 9/17/2019 and 10/9/2019
- 1.50 oz., UPC 030239591154 with expiration date 10/9/2019 and 9/17/2019
- 1.25 oz., UPC 030239991060 with expiration date 10/8/2019
- 1 oz. Green plastic film package pictured UPC 030239510148 with expiration dates 10/4/2019 and 10/10/2019
Barcelona Nut Company’s processor and supplier, ARO, voluntarily initiated the recall after a separate and unaffiliated manufacturer, performed a routine test which revealed Salmonella.
Barcelona Nut Company has ceased the production and distribution of this particular lot of roasted and salted in-shell pistachios as the FDA and the companies involved continue their investigation.